[Development] How to build 32-bit Qt with Qt6/CMake

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 02:38:14 CET 2020

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 12:23, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 25 November 2020 05:16:58 PST Joerg Bornemann wrote:
> > This looks correct so far. A small improvement would be to put all this
> > into a CMake toolchain file and additionally do
> >      set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)
> >
> > Then you can cross-build with -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=x86-toolchain.cmake
> >
> > In a perfect world, your distro would have provided this file.
>
> I checked both distros I use and neither does. I suppose CMake itself should
> create the toolchain file for multilib builds on Linux if this is a common
> occurrence, but seems not to be the case.

Just for the record some time ago I've added
/usr/share/cmake/debtoolchainfilegen to cmake (see below). Yes, it's
just a distrospecific thing sadly :-/

$ /usr/share/cmake/debtoolchainfilegen arm64
dpkg-architecture: warning: specified GNU system type
aarch64-linux-gnu does not match CC system type x86_64-linux-gnu, try
setting a correct CC environment variable
dpkg-architecture: warning: specified GNU system type
aarch64-linux-gnu does not match CC system type x86_64-linux-gnu, try
setting a correct CC environment variable
# Use it while calling CMake:
#   mkdir build; cd build
#   cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE="/path/to/cmake_toolchain_<arch>.cmake" ../
#
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME "Linux")
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR "aarch64")
set(CMAKE_C_COMPILER "aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc")
set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "aarch64-linux-gnu-g++")
set(PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE "aarch64-linux-gnu-pkg-config")
set(PKGCONFIG_EXECUTABLE "aarch64-linux-gnu-pkg-config")
set(QMAKE_EXECUTABLE "aarch64-linux-gnu-qmake")

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/