[Development] Qt Online Installer and Maintenance Tool 4.0 beta released - testers wanted

Croitor Alexandru placinta at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 18:57:22 CEST 2020

Hi Tino,

The improved CLI DX is great.

I tried it out in one of my personal projects, and I can successfully
install the Qt 5.15.1 essentials for the 3 desktop platforms as part of the
project's CI run.

One thing I noticed though is that on Ubuntu (20.04) you need to `sudo
apt-get install libxkbcommon-x11-0` before the installer can run.

Otherwise the installer fails with:

  ./qt-unified-linux-x64-4.0.0_beta-online.run: error while loading shared
libraries: libxkbcommon-x11.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

Manually installing it in the CI helps, but I suspect it better be fixed in
the installer, to convey a nicer 'first use' experience.

Regards,
Alex.