[Development] how to get WinId of desktop in Qt6 without QDesktopWidget ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Wed Oct 7 09:23:33 CEST 2020

On Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2020 08:24:40 CEST Martin Koller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in Qt6 the QDesktopWidget is gone, which I used in
>
>     QWidget *desktop = QApplication::desktop();
>     QPixmap pm = QGuiApplication::screenAt(event->globalPos())->
>                      grabWindow(desktop->winId(), event->globalPos().x(), event->globalPos().y(), 1, 1);
>
> How do I get the desktop window id in Qt6 ?

I already found out: There is still the QApplication::desktop() method, which returns a QWidget
I was just confused by the fact that the compiler failed due to the QDesktopWidget include file
being no longer there.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Frühstück, Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at