[Development] Windows Timer Resolution: The Great Rule Change

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Oct 8 23:07:30 CEST 2020

On Thursday, 8 October 2020 02:00:13 PDT Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> Is resolution of QElapsedTimer limited to 15 ms as well? If it's more find
> grained you can try busy-waiting until required time elapses.

Any such submission to Qt will get an immediate -2 from me. If you really need
it, you can add to your own application. You should also document why your
application consumes CPU time when doing nothing and shows up as one of the
culprits for battery consumption in power-measurement tools.

QElapsedTimer granularity on Windows is a runtime property, so I can't tell
you what it is. You have to call the QueryPerformanceFrequency() function to
find that out.