[Development] Reminder: Feature freeze today

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Tue Sep 1 12:02:02 CEST 2020

Hi everybody,

This is your friendly reminder that we are now in feature freeze for Qt 6.

There are a couple of exceptions that have been listed in my mail last week. If you have a single change or two that has been reviewed but is simply waiting to get through CI you can still finish those up during this week.

But please do not add any other new features anymore. Those will then have to wait for 6.1. If you believe you have something that absolutely needs to go in before 6.0 send me a mail and we can discuss.

I’ll start working on reviewing all new and changed APIs during next week, starting in QtCore. Help in this area would be appreciated, let me know if you are interested in participating in review sessions for specific areas. This does btw also imply that we can and will still have API changes during the next few weeks.

In general, please be more careful from on with regards to source incompatible changes in qtbase and qtdeclarative, as those impact dependent modules and make it harder to get snapshots out and start testing those as a whole.

Cheers,
Lars