[Development] Feature freeze next Tuesday

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Sep 2 05:44:41 CEST 2020

On Tuesday, 25 August 2020 23:46:41 PDT Lars Knoll wrote:
> There are three areas that have asked for an exception to the freeze to
> finish things that are still pending:
>
> * In QtCore, the Q*Iterables in qmetatype/qvariant
> * Across Gui/Declarative/QuickControls the input system
> * The new desktop styling for Qt Quick Controls
> * The new property system (see separate mail; most likely it won’t need an
> extension to the freeze date)

Some changes for updating internal event loop operations to use QDeadlineTimer
were approved (they have +2) but failed to integrate so far. I've had too
little time for Qt to pay attention so far. So, is it acceptable to still get
them in, assuming I do put in the effort in the next week?

Extra: https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/159942 would want to
replace the virtrual waitFor) functions with QDeadlineTimer versions. That's a
source-incompatible change for overriders, but not for users. Do we want that?
Or do we want to postpone until Qt 7?