[Development] Is qsizetype *documented* to be ptrdiff_t?

Tor Arne Vestbø Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io
Wed Sep 2 10:51:15 CEST 2020

As a user of this API I was also stumped by not being able to just call printf with %z and a qsizetype, under the assumption that qsizetype’s purpose in life was to mask _away_ the differences of what a size was represented as.

Since it all flattens down to e.g. qint64 I don’t suppose there’s anything we can do to make the %z case less confusing by adding convenience for size_t? If not a doc update would be helpful at least.

Cheers,
Tor Arne