[Development] Important recent changes in QList

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Wed Sep 2 20:55:55 CEST 2020

Il 02/09/20 16:34, NIkolai Marchenko ha scritto:
> Since we're apparently heading to QVector being an alias to QList as
> opposed to what was a previous proposed solution. Can someone please
> elaborate on what breakages we can expect to happen in the old code with
> this paradigm shift? It seems like there's *almost* been a huge break
> with erasing behaviour. What else to expect?

Please, let's be accurate:

* Q6Vector is a typedef to Q6List (*)
* Q6List is actually a vector (akin to Q5Vector / std::vector), and
_not_ Q5List
* Q5List is gone from Qt 6.

So, what is exactly the question?

(*) of course this could've been swapped, but the powers to be (aka who
does the work) decided to keep QList as the main class, used in APIs
etc., and alias QVector to it instead.

Thanks,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts