[Development] Feature freeze next Tuesday

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Wed Sep 9 09:14:29 CEST 2020

Hi Allan,

On 7 Sep 2020, at 12:59, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com<mailto:kde at carewolf.com>> wrote:

On Mittwoch, 26. August 2020 08:46:41 CEST Lars Knoll wrote:
Hi all,

This is just a gentle reminder that feature freeze for Qt 6 is approaching
very quickly now. We’ve had a round of checks inside the Qt Company
regarding how ready the teams are. All in all it looks relatively good, so
we’ll keep the feature freeze at the 1st of September.

There are three areas that have asked for an exception to the freeze to
finish things that are still pending:

* In QtCore, the Q*Iterables in qmetatype/qvariant
* Across Gui/Declarative/QuickControls the input system
* The new desktop styling for Qt Quick Controls
* The new property system (see separate mail; most likely it won’t need an
extension to the freeze date)

Not sure if this falls under the input system, but I had left this since March
due to conflicts with other changes, https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/291214/5

Not sure what to do about this one. I am not convinced this is the right thing to do, as at least QAction is not really a key binding (you can have an action without a shortcut), so the inheritance looks wrong in my eyes.

Lars