[Development] Development hosts and targets in Qt 6.0 and beyond

Santtu Ahonen santtu.ahonen at qt.io
Fri Sep 11 12:00:21 CEST 2020

Hi

I just posted a blog post about Qt 6.0 planned hosts and targets https://www.qt.io/blog/qt6-development-hosts-and-targets. For a full story read the post, for a super short summary here we go:

Qt 6.0 will support the familiar dev hosts as expected; Windows, macOS and several Linux variants.  For targets, we have the hosts, embedded Linux and mobile phones so at the high level it looks the same as Qt5. The devil is in the details and there are significant updates due to C++17, CMake transition and the new graphics architecture.

JIRA tickets for links and children under these Epics:

  *   Qt 6.0 dev hosts (QTBUG-85851<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-85851>)
  *   Qt 6.0 dev targets (QTBUG-85855<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-85855>)
  *   Qt 6.1 development hosts (QTBUG-86432<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-86432>) <-- This is still under work
  *   Qt 6.1 development targets (QTBUG-86433<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-86433>) <-- This is still under work

If you are working on something in this area that I am not aware of (under those Epics, either as child tickets or through links), please feel free to add the missing bits there. You can also tag me on comments for the corresponding tickets, should you have a burning desire or need to change something.

Best regards, Stu

--

PO, Qt Platforms Area