[Development] How to debug segfaulting test in Coin

Toni Saario toni.saario at qt.io
Tue Sep 22 09:00:03 CEST 2020

The CORE_FILES_PATH environment variable describes a path to a directory which will contain the core files in case of a segfault. These are then uploaded to Coin storage at the end of the job. As far as enabling that goes via coin scheduler, setting the CORE_FILES_PATH is possible via the customize feature in the scheduler by setting the environment variable, rest is done always/automatically. No printing will happen in the log from the core files. From technical view point it only specifies additional folder to upload at end of the job.

I am unsure about how much this has been ever used and I would think the easier way would be to acquire a Coin VM for debugging and with that reproduce the failure is available. This could also use input from developers with actual experience of debugging these cases.

Toni Saario