[Development] Feature freeze exception for QTBUG-98545

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Tue Dec 7 12:21:40 CET 2021

Hi,

I'd like to request a feature freeze exception for adding the new CMake deployment API in Qt 6.3.

It covers deployment of applications that use Qt and QML modules targeting Windows and macOS, with further platform support added in later Qt versions (Linux and cross-compilation if/when possible).

The CMake API is meant to be Technical Preview in 6.3.

JIRA task https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-98545

The work is mostly done, but there are still a few things we need to iron out before we can merge the changes and thus might slip the deadline.

The ongoing work can be found in these 2 Gerrit chains:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/383732/9
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtdeclarative/+/383833

Regards,
Alexandru.