[Development] Qt 6.1 Feature Freeze is in effect now

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at qt.io
Wed Feb 3 09:31:29 CET 2021

On 2/1/21 1:34 PM, Jani Heikkinen wrote:

> Qt 6.1 Feature Freeze is in effect now. So please do not add any new features, API changes ect in 'dev' anymore until we have done branching from 'dev' to '6.1'. We are trying to do branching from 'dev' to '6.1' as soon as possible but at first we need to get full dependency update round done.

Let's say I have a change for qtbase's dev branch that is supposed to be
cherry-picked to 6.1. What happens if this change hits qtbase between
those two points in time:

- final dependency update sha1s are fixed, full update round started
- 6.1 branch is created

The change in question cannot have the Pick-to: 6.1 footer, because the
branch does not exist. How can I avoid to forget cherry-picking that
change, once 6.1 is in place?

BR,

Joerg