[Development] 回复: Conflict between Homebrew policy and Qt6

Paper Chalice liujunchang97 at outlook.com
Fri Feb 5 02:52:16 CET 2021

Thanks for your reply,
homebrew installs software into /usr/local/Cellar/software_name/version​ then symlink the content in bin, lib, share to /usr/local​.
If someone installs qt at 6 through homebrew and want to install additional libraries, e.g. qt3d, qmake will not find the qt3d, because qmake
find the content installed in /usr/local/Cellar/qt at 6/version not in /usr/local , after that workaround patch, qmake can find all necessary files in /usr/local.
Install qt3d in qt's prefix is not allowed in homebrew, permission denied, due to the homebrew sandbox.
Using CMake doesn't have this problem.

The qt5 formula now in homebrew is keg_only, which means it was not symlinked into /usr/local,so qt6 and qt5 can be or may be coinstalled system-widely . and the rename or move of the tools may not a problem in homebrew, because formula can modify the directory layout.
Really appreciate your help.
________________________________
 On Thursday, 4 February 2021 01:56:36 PST Paper Chalice wrote:
> Hi developers,
> I tried to write homebrew formula for qt6 and met a problem. qmake will
> resolve QT_INSTALL_PREFIX to the /usr/local/Cellar/qt/6.0.1, which is not
> friendly to other qt related formulae. I tried to add a patch but I don't
> know the side effects, in homebrew's build env formula have no write
> permission to /usr/local, so will it be a won't fix or can report a issue
> to Qt issues tracker? for details, see
> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/70302

Can you explain why it is not friendly to the formulae?

Please note that the system-wide installation of Qt 6 is not yet possible in
6.0. Qt 6.1 will move/rename the tools so that Qt 5 and Qt 6 can be co-
installed.