[Development] Confused about HiDPI scaling and fonts

Morten Sørvig Morten.Sorvig at qt.io
Wed Feb 10 12:53:27 CET 2021

It may be easier to show the expected behaviour with a video:

	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgGnPTgQqjo

The important thing is that text visual size and window visual size is kept in sync as the system DPI changes. From the report I got the impression that this was maybe not the case - but that could be a misunderstanding.

>From there it's possible to go into the details: there are multiple coordinate systems, window and text sizes are (approximately) constant in one coordinate system but changes in another. Long discussions can be had :)

But fortunately, Qt apps can for the most part ignore this and continue to assume a single coordinate system at 96DPI.

- Morten