[Development] Qt 6 co-installability with Qt 5

Rex Dieter rdieter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 19:40:53 CET 2021

Sorry for the mis-threading (my replies to this list haven't been working
right recently), but...

As for thiago's proposal:
> 1) the binaries from Qt company must also perform this step
> 2) the documentation has to be updated to include the "6" at the end too

+1 (+million),

this proposal speaks truth, please, please standardize... Fedora
maintainers support this whole-heartedly.  Pretty sure RHEL maintainers I
collaborate with would agree as well.

Obviously, item 1 is the most important.  If there's anything to learn from
python as mentioned elsewhere, please do item 2 too, leaving no ambiguity
and making expectations clear in documentation is good thing.