[Development] The sorry state of the Qt6 cross compile experience

Bogdan Vatra bogdan.vatra at kdab.com
Thu Feb 25 11:07:26 CET 2021

Hi,

În ziua de miercuri, 24 februarie 2021, la 17:32:57 EET, Dominik Holland a
scris:
> Am 2/24/21 um 4:25 PM schrieb Joerg Bornemann:
> > On 2/24/21 12:56 PM, Bogdan Vatra wrote:
> >> Let me give you another non-android example:
> >> You want to create a standalone SDK for linux armhf using yocto. You'll
> >> generate the SDK with everything including Qt for host and for
> >> target, the sdk
> >> is a huge auto extract archive which can be shared with everyone. Can
> >> this
> >> archive contain only the Qt for the target? Nope because there is no
> >> way to
> >> know if and where the Qt for host is installed on everyone computers,
> >> you also
> >> need to know where the Qt for host it is in order to fix the
> >> hardcoded paths.
>
> Mhh, yocto builds both the host Qt and the target Qt and the SDK archive
> will contain both Qt version. But this was already the case for Qt5 as
> well. I don't think anything has changed here.

Vanilla yocto does NOT add Qt 5 for host, same for buildroot!
You probably mean that you're forcing yocto to add Qt 5 for host as well.
Joust out of pure curiosity, what's the reason to add Qt 5 for host in the
yocto SDK?

Cheers,
BogDan.