[Development] Commercial-only LTS phase starts: Closing the 5.15 branch(es) on 5th January

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 16:21:55 CET 2021

Am Mo., 4. Jan. 2021 um 15:57 Uhr schrieb Tuukka Turunen <
tuukka.turunen at qt.io>:

> Hi Roland,
>

> Just so that there is no misunderstanding Qt 5.15.2 release stays
> available for all users, it is just the upcoming LTS phase patch releases
> that will be commercial only. In essence for the open-source users Qt 5.15
> is similar to Qt 5.13 and Qt 5.14 (non-LTS releases).

 Tuukka,

I'm aware of that, but the upcoming LTS phase patch releases are exactly
what I need. If there was a bug in the last 5.13 release, I could upgrade
to 5.14.{0,1} which typically included the fixes after the last 5.13
release. Qt6 does not yet include many important modules, so I have nothing
to upgrade to until 6.1 or 6.2.
Also not every open source project is interested to track the bleeding edge
releases, but I was rather interested in stability, hence following LTS
releases.