[Development] Commercial-only LTS phase starts: Closing the 5.15 branch(es) on 5th January

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 7 03:11:47 CET 2021

On Wednesday, 6 January 2021 10:25:50 -03 NIkolai Marchenko wrote:
> wow, this title is so completely incorrect and taken out of context.....
>
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 4:15 PM Vlad Stelmahovsky
> <vladstelmahovsky at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > you guys getting "famous":
> > https://www.theregister.com/2021/01/05/qt_lts_goes_commercial_only/

And since it is incorrect about security issues, let me be clear:

Past branches of Qt will get security advisories, to the extent of our ability
to reproduce the issue. That definitely applies to 5.15 for a couple of years.

We will not make new releases, but we will publish patches and I will strongly
urge that they are merged into the respective branches in Git, so they show up
in code.qt.io and GitHub.