[Development] Qt6 repo

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jan 13 21:48:45 CET 2021

On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 10:17:02 PST André Pönitz wrote:
> I have a product that depends on qtbase, qtdeclarative and qttool, and
> qtdeclarative and qttools refer to different and incompatible versions
> of qtbase in their respective dependency.yaml files.
>
> How do I build Qt?

There's no such thing.

Any *product* is built with released versions of Qt, which means you must have
exactly the same releases of each module. No other combination is supported.

For people developing Qt, once you've checked the Git repositories out, it
doesn't matter whether there's a .gitmodules or not to build. For example, I
always use the latest of the branch in question for every module, regardless
of what's stored in the super module.