[Development] Qt6 repo

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de
Fri Jan 15 13:53:32 CET 2021

https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2019-September/037465.html

>FWIW, I know it’s popular to blame The Qt Company for all sorts of
>things right now,

no, it _always_ is, for good reasons.

>but as I remember the discussion around dependencies.yaml, it was not
>driven by The Company at all, but by senior members and maintainers of
>the Qt community (some of which happened to be TQtC-employees at the
>time).

to me that looks like splitting hairs for the purpose of deflecting
responsibility. tqtc is in full control of everything that relates to
CI, so whatever happens in that area is its sole responsibility. that
the respective devs were apparently not even formally tasked with doing
that makes things *worse*, not better.

>I would still like to understand how that particular suckfulness
>impacts the life and work of a maintainer of one of the submodules
>though.

the point is that the bot crap completely and utterly drowns out any
actual content. even if the respective tooling can be configured to
always filter this non-content from view, that constitutes falsifying
history, which doesn't exactly help when reviewing merges, etc.