[Development] Merging qtquickcontrols2 into qtdeclarative

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de
Mon Jul 12 17:03:48 CEST 2021

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 02:17:01PM +0000, Tor Arne Vestbø wrote:
>One way to do this is with a prefixed subtree merge without squashing the history of controls2.
>
>What ossi (?) referred to was using git replace to inject the history of controls, but I’m not sure how that would look so perhaps he can outline that approach.

it would be actually also just a subtree merge, but of a re-import, to
which the old history would be grafted (that is, git-replaced when using
up-to-date git mechanisms).
that would avoid duplicating the history, which would make the repo
somewhat smaller and leave us with only one authoritative copy of said
history (the original module will have to stay around for quite a while
and keep receiving fixes anyway).