[Development] Merging qtquickcontrols2 into qtdeclarative

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jul 12 21:19:27 CEST 2021

On Monday, 12 July 2021 08:03:48 PDT Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> that would avoid duplicating the history, which would make the repo
> somewhat smaller and leave us with only one authoritative copy of said
> history (the original module will have to stay around for quite a while
> and keep receiving fixes anyway).

FYI, qtquickcontrols2 right now is (git count-objects -v):
size-pack: 34347

But that's almost equivalent to the checkout size:

$ du -sc * | tail -1
34136   total

(* does not include .git)

So a full history import MAY have negligible marginal impact over a squashed
import (.git is compressed). I recommend trying both and seeing by how much
the qtdeclarative repository increases, then deciding whether "git blame" and
"git log" working out of the box without a "git replace" is worth the extra
cost.