[Development] Temporarily preventing changes being staged in the dev branch of qtquickcontrols2

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Fri Jul 23 16:02:09 CEST 2021

Hi

> On 20/7/21, 2:10 pm, "Development on behalf of Mitch Curtis" <development-bounces at qt-project.org on behalf of mitch.curtis at qt.io> wrote:
>
>    Hi.
>
>    I'd like to request that we temporarily prevent changes from being staged in the dev branch of qtquickcontrols2 in preparation for merging it into qtdeclarative, as otherwise changes could be missed in the merge.
>
>    I'm sending this to both the release team and the development mailing list as a heads up.

As i understand the current intention is to merge qtquickcontrols2 dev branch into qtdeclarative dev branch, which is Qt 6.3 at the moment.

That leaves qtuickcontrols2 and qtdeclarative separate in 6.2 LTS branch.

The current cherry-pick bot can't handle cross-repo cherry-picks.

Which means any qqc2 code changes in qtdeclarative repo 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, branch will have to be replicated with a more manual process to 6.2 branch of qtquickcontrols2 repo, because 6.2 is LTS.

Can these cherry-picks be done automatically somehow? Is the manual process the one we want / are stuck with?

Is this enough justification to do the qqc2 -> qtdeclarative merge in 6.2 branch instead?