[Development] Qt quick compiler impact on qmlbench.

Robin Burchell robin.burchell at crimson.no
Tue Mar 2 22:04:46 CET 2021

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021, at 8:36 PM, Valery Volgutov wrote:
> Could you please let me know why I have no any performance improvements
> after quickcompiler apply?

The QML compiler affects the performance of parsing and compiling the parsed source code. qmlbench is primarily testing the performance of object instantiation, binding evaluation, and the performance (or performance impacts) of various different properties. The code is only compiled once, but run repeatedly, which would also be more true of an application environment - you start your application once, not many times.

I think there may be some other benchmarks that specifically cover startup time, but it's been a long time since I looked at it, so I don't really know where to point you off the top of my head.

--
  Robin Burchell
  robin at crimson.no