[Development] QFuture and C++20

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Wed Mar 3 18:44:46 CET 2021

Il 03/03/21 17:12, Allan Sandfeld Jensen ha scritto:
> They are only halfway there in C++20, AFAIK it is missing the standard library
> parts, which means it is not really usable for most people until C++23, so I
> assume we have time before anyone will actually have interaction between the
> two types of code.
>
> Unless I missed something?

The language parts are there in C++20; what's missing from the standard
library are "ready-made" coroutines types (task, generator, ...),
awaitable types, utility functions for scheduling execution, etc.

I've been wondering for a little while how to integrate
signal/slots/exec()/etc. with coroutines.

Thanks,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts