[Development] Mac Big Sur - Qt Open-Source Support For

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri May 7 12:12:25 CEST 2021

> On May 7, 2021, at 11:47, Tor Arne Vestbø <Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Qt 6.0 and above has official support for Big Sur:
>
> https://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-6.0/macos.html
>
> 5.15 is not yet officially supported, but should work fine as well, so please report any issues in JIRA, thanks!

Except for
[QTBUG-88495] Text rendering: spaces are rendered incorrectly on macOS Big Sur after commas, dots. - Qt Bug Tracker
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-88495
and
[QTBUG-88985] Context QMenu without parent blocked by modal dialog on macOS - Qt Bug Tracker
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-88985

for which the fixes are available in the opensource 5.15 branch, but not in the 5.15.2 release.

Qt Creator binaries are released based on Qt 5.15.2, so you can check that for reference.

Br, Eike

> Cheers,
> Tor Arne
>
>> On 7 May 2021, at 11:00, coroberti <coroberti at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Tukka and others,
>> Since September Big Sur is a reality.
>>
>> Which Qt-version supports correctly QWidgets for this platform for
>> open-source development.
>>
>> If there's no such version, when the support is planned if ever.
>>
>> I'd appreciate not to hijack this question for any discussions beyond the
>> very narrow scope of this question.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Robert