[Development] Commercial LTS Qt 5.15.4 released

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de
Fri May 14 14:35:08 CEST 2021

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 08:35:37PM +0000, Eike Hein wrote:
>May 13, 2021 9:59 PM, "Oswald Buddenhagen" <oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de> wrote:
>> what would interest me is why you chose to host this on your own
>> infrastructure instead of publicly demanding that tqtc plays by the
>> rules and hosts the fork on qt project infra, where it belongs, and the
>> possibility of which is explicitly codified in
>> https://wiki.qt.io/Branch_Guidelines (note the historical example
>> given).
>

>Actually, we did not.
>
>We suggested that it would be preferential to host this on Qt Project
>infrastructure.
>
>We could not agree on it.

well, you should have demanded it in public. if digia, err, tqtc want to
be blatantly hypocritical, they sure can have the bad publicity they
deserve for it.

> In fact, our leading suggestion was to re-open the branches as per
> usual and simply don't do the tags/releases.

that couldn't have flown, as without the project's leading contributor
this can only be a vendor branch, pretty much by definition. also, given
that you want/need to rebase the branch when tqtc finally releases the
official source, this isn't really mainline material.