[Development] Changes to Freenode's IRC

Andy Nichols Andy.Nichols at qt.io
Wed May 19 16:37:26 CEST 2021

Hello,

Rather than just move to another IRC server, we should really take this as an opportunity to move to another chat service as the official Qt Project chat.  IRC has a terrible user experience and is not at all accessible for people who haven't been using it for decades like many of us. It does us a huge disservice when trying to attracting new contributors to point to our IRC.  There are lots of better options out there now (which I see some of you on already), so lets move on already.

Regards,
Andy Nichols