[Development] Changes to Freenode's IRC

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Wed May 19 22:41:09 CEST 2021

Hi Jason,

You can check the planned modules for Qt 6.2 from: https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-roadmap-for-2021

The first snapshot of Qt 6.2 does not yet contain all of those, but then again we are still some weeks (2.5) away from FF.

It is ok to discuss this type of matters in the mailing list, but it is not constructive to use it in order to derail other discussions. Like this one being about what to do with the IRC situation at hand.

While many are still somewhat tuned in on the IRC channel it is clear that the traffic is very modest. It may be that having another system would work better, or perhaps the mailing lists and other available channels are adequate for the need.

Yours,

Tuukka