[Development] Changes to Freenode's IRC

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Thu May 20 12:10:07 CEST 2021

Hi,

On 20/05/2021 12:02, lj p wrote:
> The chat channels are fragmented these days. There’s the Qt discord channels, QtMob on Slack, Qt and Advanced C++ on Telegram.

Are any of these channels endorsed by the Qt project?
The IRC channels are, that's why I'm raising the question here.

> Not to mention freenode ones, that no one uses anymore,

This is a falsehood (they're active both in terms of traffic, and
importance of the discussions happening there -- like the release meetings).

> or the internal Qt Company Teams.

These are not relevant for the discussion, I'm talking about the
_community_ channels, not the internal company chats.

Thanks,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts