[Development] Changes to Freenode's IRC

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Fri May 21 08:09:28 CEST 2021

On Thu, May 20, 2021, 21:03 André Pönitz <apoenitz at t-online.de> wrote:

> Works as designed. Freenode never endorsed public logging.
>
> Chat is for ephemeral contents, like normal speech.

I always chat as it it was logged, even in IRC: It is easy to log, so
people are logging. There may not be "official" logs, but there definitely
are logs.

Quassel e.g. has logging built in, to name just one IRC tool popular I  the
Qt crowd.

> If we choose to just move to another IRC service, then it's likely that
> I'll just
> > continue to ignore it as irrelevant like I do now with Freenode.
>
> Looks like the both of us won't have much of a chance to chat casually
> online.

That is true: Choosing a chat tool also implicitly select a target audience.

What is the target audience the Qt community wants to engage with?

Best Regards,
Tobias