[Development] Renamed (again): Qt licensing shenanigans (again)

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Fri May 21 20:38:40 CEST 2021

The sad part in all this.. the amount of negative discussion about Qt, when TQtC could fix this easily, simply maintain LTS at the opensource license.

If they want patch releases in general not to be open source fixes, fine.  Ie 6.1 is opensource, 6.1.1 is not..  But when a LTS is released, that is major build and all its patches are open source .

It solves their problem of spending too many resources on unpaid for code, and the community that supports them, doesn’t get left out in the cold on a major version their projects are sticking to.

Maybe they follow the PT barnum any press is good press a little to far?