[Development] New Qt Multimedia

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Wed May 26 17:10:36 CEST 2021

> On 26 May 2021, at 16:47, Alexander Akulich <akulichalexander at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 5:25 PM Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>>
>> 4. On the removal of QAbstractVideoFilter AND QVideoProbe: Disappointed to hear this. I previously used this for read-only frames for analysis, i.e. Barcode reading and object detection. How do we do that now?
>
> I second that. QAbstractVideoFilter used for read-only video (camera)
> data access for QR-code recognition. On mobile platforms, it is very
> important to lower resource usage and zero-copy is very important. We
> barely get 30 FPS on low-end devices.
> Is there an alternative API for that?

See also my answer to Jason. The API offsers a way to lower the resolution of the camera if required using QCameraFormat, and the architecture should allow to pass the data through more or less without copying. From an implementation point of video, this might not yet all be perfect though. But I’d be happy to get some use cases, sample code that you’ve been using and other feedback so that we can make the API work as good as possible.

Cheers,
Lars