[Development] New Qt Multimedia

Rodrigo Gonçalves de Oliveira rodrigo.golive at gmail.com
Thu May 27 15:19:51 CEST 2021

Also, this is how I define and change different audio devices
("gst-pipeline: ... audio_sink=\"alsasink device=%1\") on demand.
Are there plans to have an easy way to change the output audio device?
Think on an embedded system, within a media app and multiple audio devices,
where the user want to change the audio output device at any time.

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 9:54 AM Samuel Gaist via Development <
development at qt-project.org> wrote:

> > On 27 May 2021, at 14:35, Lars Knoll <lars.knoll at qt.io> wrote:

> force Qt MM to use a
> That part made maintaining the
> patches and improvements. If some
> unless they are trivial, they
> >>
> >> Hmm - does that mean the `gst-pipeline:` URL scheme for `setMedia`/the
> `source`
> >> prop is getting dropped as well?
> >
> > That’s correct. It’s has honestly been a huge cludge, and something we
> didn’t have anywhere else. I’d rather see that we fix issues inside Qt MM
> instead of working around them with hacks such as this one.
> >>
> >> If memory serves right, this was possible accidentally at some point
> and then
> >> was raised to the status of Official Footgun in 5.12+:
> >>
> >> https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmediaplayer.html#setMedia
> >
> > Footgun is probably the right name for it, and a reason I don’t want to
> continue with it for Qt 6.
> >>
> >> A potential troublemaker for sure, but also very powerful. With
> QtGStreamer
> >> being deprecated (an old set of Qt bindings to GStreamer API - also
> something
> >> at least one KDE app I'm aware of still carries an internal fork of,
> sadly),
> >> a QtMM w/ custom pipeline support sort of the next best thing.
> >
> > Lets rather have a look at the use cases that people want to have
> supported and how we can get those working.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Lars

> I think one of the main use case I have seen for custom GStreamer
> pipelines is to be able to get rtsp or other network streams in Qt
> applications.
>
> Best regards
>
> Samuel

Rodrigo Oliveira