[Development] New Qt Multimedia

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Thu May 27 16:59:24 CEST 2021

On 27 May 2021, at 16:18, Lars Knoll <lars.knoll at qt.io<mailto:lars.knoll at qt.io>> wrote:
On 27 May 2021, at 15:34, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org<mailto:hein at kde.org>> wrote:

May 27, 2021 2:51 PM, "Samuel Gaist" <samuel.gaist at idiap.ch<mailto:samuel.gaist at idiap.ch>> wrote:
I think one of the main use case I have seen for custom GStreamer pipelines is to be able to get
rtsp or other network streams in Qt applications.

This is my personal use case as well. With the addition that I also have
some pipelines where I need to deal with RTP without the convenience of
an RTSP session setup around it (in https://kirogi.org, which is
currently on gst-qmlsink for Qt Quick integration - drones do all sorts
of funky streaming things).

we accept a url as the source for the media. For gstreamer we use uridecodebin to decode that URL. Afaik that automatically gives you rtp and rtsp support (at least if the required gstreamer plugins are installed)

Just did a check with the player example and

./player rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov

works just fine. Hope that solves that problem :)

Cheers,
Lars

You can also specify a QIODevice as the source. I’m that case we’re using a GstAppSrc together with a decodebin.

Cheers,
Lars

Cheers,
Eike