[Development] Removing the global static QObject from QPixmapCache

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Sun May 30 17:47:27 CEST 2021

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 6:14 PM Giuseppe D'Angelo <giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com>
wrote:

> > That should work, but it'd be one of them "exceptions", wouldn't it ...?
> ;)
>
> Sorry, exceptions to what?

I was simply teasing. I was referring to this thread about QTBUG-71545[1],
where I wanted the application to destroy its children explicitly so they
see it as QCA, but I wasn't convincing enough. Whereas QWidget(s) are doing
it in their destructors for their children for exactly the same reason,
which was the "exception(s)" I was referring to.

[1]:
https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2018-November/034311.html