[Development] Documentation of new Qt features in qtdoc

Kai Köhne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Fri Nov 19 16:11:57 CET 2021

Hi,

Can we agree to document new features in Qt 6.3 and following released directly in qtdoc.git?

We have traditionally been using wiki.qt.io to collect new features in a Qt release, see for instance https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_6.2. At some time before a release, we started to transform this into 'proper' documentation: https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/whatsnew62.html . Anyhow, this is a manual process, creating additional work, and we sometimes miss things...

I'd like to therefore suggest that, from Qt 6.3 onwards, we start documenting new features in qdoc from the get-go:

https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtdoc.git/tree/doc/src/whatsnew/whatsnew63.qdoc

We btw got a lot better in keeping the doc snapshots up to date. So usually, merged commits show up on doc-snapshots.qt.io within a couple of hours ...

Regards

Kai