[Development] CI slowness during the past weeks

Jukka Jokiniva Jukka.Jokiniva at qt.io
Fri Nov 26 12:01:31 CET 2021

Hi all,

There has been a rush hour in CI daily 12-6 pm almost every day during the past two weeks. The waiting times for getting the VMs have increased and there has also been timeouts.

There are several things contributing to this. One thing is that there has just been more jobs to build. Another thing is that COIN is low on storage which has reduced artifact reuse causing extra rebuilding. Also when the system is under heavy load, it becomes even slower making the situation even worse.

As the first action we are planning to make a bigger clean up on COIN storage, which should help with the artifact reuse.
Another thing is that we are planning to disable precheck for the top level qt5 project. This should reduce the overall load.

We are aware of the situation and monitoring it closely.

   --Jukka Jokiniva, Manager RD Tools