[Development] Qt 6 not seeing the same DPI as Qt 5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Nov 30 02:33:13 CET 2021

On Monday, 29 November 2021 15:31:22 PST Tor Arne Vestbø wrote:
> The priority matters, so perhaps you have set one of the other things we
> might pick up? Xft/DPI or Xft.dpi?
>
> https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt6-dev/highdpi.html#configuring-x11

Not set in X resources:
$ xrdb -query | grep -c dpi
0

I didn't even know what X settings was. A quick search found
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/XSettingsRegistry/, which led
me to the "xsettingsd" package. But it's not set there either:

$ dump_xsettings | grep -ci dpi
0

Anyway, you're right that physical monitor sizes are known to be wildly
broken. Therefore, relying on what XRandR reports is risky. I'll set up
~/.Xresources.