[Development] Formal voting procedure for Qt Project

Lorn Potter lorn.potter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:32:25 CEST 2021

On 2/10/21 3:43 AM, Lars Knoll wrote:
> I’d like to propose that we implement a voting procedure using this voting bot. We need it for this one case, but would also benefit from having such a tool in other cases, where the lazy consensus model might not be the best solution.
>
> We wouldn’t be the first ones to do that, there are other open source communities out there that have secret voting procedures in place.
>
> Please let me know what you think.

Just brainstorming here... I have no idea if this is a good idea or not. :)

How about some 'audit' and/or 'certification' procedure? Or some way to
discover if the system has been gamed or hacked in some way. 3rd party
overseers or somesuch thing?

--
Lorn Potter
Freelance Qt Developer. Platform Maintainer Qt WebAssembly, Maintainer