[Development] Qt Governance: Vote of no confidence

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Tue Oct 19 09:57:39 CEST 2021

Hi all,

We had a request for a vote of no confidence against Oswald Buddenhagen by Ivan Komissarov some weeks ago (*). Such a vote can be asked for by another Approver according to our governance model (**).

As this was the first time this passus got invoked, we had to do some work to put a voting system in place. Thanks to work by Daniel, this is now in place and we can now proceed with the request for a vote of no confidence.

The actual voting is open to all Approvers and Maintainers and happens on https://governancevoting.qt-project.org/voting. Voting is anonymous, but you will get a random moniker assigned after voting. Please store that moniker somewhere, as it’ll allow you to verify that your vote has been correctly counted when the voting period ends.

I’d like to urge everybody who is going to cast a vote to make themselves familiar with the full mailing list thread in (***) and read through the relevant parts of QUIP-2 before voting. Voting will be open for one week and closes on Monday, 25.10.21 at 23:59 CET.

Best regards,
Lars

(*) https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2021-September/041799.html
(**) http://quips-qt-io.herokuapp.com/quip-0002.html, How to become an Approver