[Development] moc output from non-local tool build

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Sep 13 17:30:00 CEST 2021

On Monday, 13 September 2021 00:38:55 PDT Joerg Bornemann wrote:
> For a cross-build, currently, the host Qt needs to have the same version
> as the target Qt. When trying to build, let's say, Qt for Android 6.2.0
> with a host Qt 6.1.2, you're getting an error:
>
>    Could not find a configuration file for package "Qt6CoreTools" that is
>    compatible with requested version "6.2.0".
>
> This is because our find_package calls for the host Qt contain the exact
> version number of the Qt that is being built.

Fair enough, but then the question is whether that's intended or a simple
accident of how it was implementation.

BTW, is the functionality now working for non-crossing builds? I've been
trying to use the CMake Ninja multi-config setup, but it's very painful due to
lots of implementations issues. I'll have to go back to regular single-config
and I don't want to use the local moc.