[Development] moc output from non-local tool build

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at qt.io
Tue Sep 14 09:51:21 CEST 2021

On 9/14/21 9:25 AM, Fabian Kosmale wrote:
> I wouldn't mind adding/helping with adding/reviewing the necessary code to moc so that it has that
> compatibility support. I can certainly see the use case for it. However, I think there are still two
> things missing:
> - a confirmation from Jörg that the current hard dependency on the exact version can be avoided,
>    else the whole thing becomes moot. Given the fact that we cmake has support for version ranges
>    that should however be trivial, as long as we actually preserve compatibility (and accept the
 >    resulting maintenance burden).

The version check can be conditionally dropped.
Or, we can maybe figure out the version of host Qt and use that.

The maintenance burden is next level. This would mean to keep all
internal API that's used in lib/cmake compatible. Apparently forward and
backward if I read your requirements correctly.

Cheers,

Joerg