[Development] Qbs development

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Tue Sep 14 12:34:53 CEST 2021

> Just for the sake of clarity, who *is* the Maintainer of QBS ?
> Our wiki's [[Maintainers]] page only mentions Christian Kandeler as
> maintainer of Qt Creator's integration with it.  I gather Ivan is a/the
> principal developer of QBS in practice.  Is Ossi co-Maintainer, or are
> you really talking about his Approver rights (which, IIUC, suffice to
> make a +2 significant) ?
>
> Before we resort to [0] QUIP 2's "extreme circumstances" provisions,
> please let's do what we can to work our way through the steps that come
> before that - for which we first need to settle the question of who *is*
> The Maintainer (or who are The Maintainers, if more than one) of QBS.
>
> [0] http://quips-qt-io.herokuapp.com/quip-0002.html

Christian Kandeler is the only maintainer. Ivan Komissarov is the most
active developer in that repository and has approver rights as well.

We are talking here about the situation that the maintainer has given a +2
while a person unrelated to that particular repository has stopped the patch
with a -2. On the other hand, that person has neither shown any intention to
implement that feature nor has the person contributed to the codebase during
the last couple of years.

The question is whether this is an abuse of approver rights.

This is a relevant question for the Qt project. Any person with approver
rights has the ability to cause a production stop. Ivan is asking for help
in this particular case and I am seconding his request.

Richard Weickelt