[Development] moc output from non-local tool build

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Sep 14 17:45:06 CEST 2021

On Tuesday, 14 September 2021 08:37:55 PDT Joerg Bornemann wrote:
> > Only moc should link to the Bootstrap lib. Period.
>
> Well, I guess rcc could also use some good pinch of bootstrapping.
> And tracegen for that matter.

Well, tracegen might, since it's used in QtCore. I forgot about it.

rcc isn't used for QtCore any more.

> I have a hunch we're talking about different things here. A moc-only, or
> even a qtbase-only build won't get you far when trying to cross-compile
> qtdeclarative or such.

Ok, so to clarify:

All builds should bootstrap only the tools that are needed to compile QtCore.
The other tools should link to QtCore, not to the bootstrap lib.

A cross-compiling build needs to use a host tool set, for all tools, because
all tools it builds are for the target and therefore can't be run in the host
system.