[Development] Feature freeze exception for QTBUG-95587

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 27 10:55:59 CEST 2021

On 13/09/21 21:58, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> I don't see what's inherently wrong with a plain function like
> Qt.resolvedUrl. It's very obvious - it says what it does on the tin.
> Names are good that way.

FWIW I've been using it for ages, and yes, if it initially it sounded a
bit verbose, now I'm perfectly accustomed to it.

> @ on the other hand would be completely opaque to a newcomer.
>
> When in a later mail, you reject qsUrl as an alternative to
> Qt.resolvedUrl because 'it doesn't express "resolved"', I must ask:
> How exactly does @ express "resolved"?

qsUrl could be a nice addition, but even than, I don't feel such a
strong need for it either.

I think that the point raised by Oswald, about the waste of using "@"
for such a narrow functionality, also deserves more attention.

Ciao,
  Alberto

--
http://www.mardy.it - Geek in un lingua international