[Development] Linker script / symbols versions for private entries in Qt 6, regression from Qt 5?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 00:41:38 CEST 2022

While reviewing a Qt 6 build I found out that it seems that Qt 6 is
not adding the right [symbols versioning] to the private symbols as Qt
5 used to do... or maybe I'm missing something?

[symbols versioning]
<https://users.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~krabat/FH-Labor/gnupro/5_GNUPro_Utilities/c_Using_LD/ldLinker_scripts.html#VERSION_command>

As an example let's take

QTableView::QTableView(QTableViewPrivate&, QWidget*)

aka

_ZN10QTableViewC2ER17QTableViewPrivateP7QWidget at Qt_6 6.1.2

This ought to be marked as

_ZN10QTableViewC2ER17QTableViewPrivateP7QWidget@

This is a really important behavior required to be able to easily
track those private symbols and be able to know what really needs to
be rebuilt on distributions, at very least on Debian/Ubuntu.

Is there something I am missing?

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer