[Development] Updates on Qt Location

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Mon Aug 8 07:55:52 CEST 2022

Hi Kevin et al,

Like said in the initial mail: “Development happens in the dev branch, against the dev-branches of the rest of Qt.”

So things will work at least to the extent of compilation and passing whatever tests are enforced by CI. However, as there is no intention of making an official release for Qt 6.3 and Qt 6.4 it is not recommended that distributions include this module. Additional testing and feedback is always welcome – it will also help this to be something to potentially ship with Qt 6.5.

While the Qt Location is one of the less frequently used modules, it does still have a large number of users in absolute terms (due to Qt being so widely used). So we certainly want to have this functionality – but some work is needed.

Yours,

                                Tuukka