[Development] Proposing to add (CPU) architecture maintainers

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 00:15:48 CEST 2022

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Aug 2022 at 12:01, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Yeah most of the architectures except x86_64, aach64, armhf and wasm are all
> effectively unmaintained. I doubt we could find maintainers. The only frequent
> and reliable user I know of of the uncommon archs is Debian, and that is
> basically just compile testing it and opening bugs if it doesnt compile, and
> only for mips*, ppc64 and s390x. I have previously fixed fatal bugs in big
> endian handling, that nobody had reported for years.

Well, for Qt 5 we did have some tests working, but definitely not in
QtBase. For Qt 6 the current maintainer [0] is not yet there. Ideally
we could have them but... man power :-(

On the other hand many endianess issues were catched in Qt 5 times,
and most of that code I believe is still there.

[0] Yep, bus factor too close to 1. Still hat tip to Patrick Franz for the work.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
https://perezmeyer.com.ar/